Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Streams of Thought


Do you ever have those moments of thought, perception and harmony that take you outside yourself?  This is how I describe them. :) I was reminded of this by the contrast of colours in this week's Magpie (Thanks Tess - I needed that reminder!). 
 This is something I also want to share for Open Link Night at dVerse I would love some constructive feedback, but I also have a desire to give this one a voice, so thank you, Natasha, for the encouragement to do just that! 

Streams of Thought

Floating
Silent stillness
Quiescent phrenic balm
Beneath the surface chatter
All is calm

Unfurling
Colours flicker
Swirling streams align
Auroral dance of consciousness
Shimmers beyond time

Wordless
Complex laminae
Resounding from afar
Atomic vibrant thought-pulse
Streaming to the stars.

Sparking
Strands entwining
Lightning static flash
Voltage shocks photonic fuse
Glorious cosmic lash.



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zoe-- this has a Gerard Manley Hopkins richness of sound and texture. Cosmic lash lovely. K.

Zoe said...

Thanks, K, glad you stopped by! - from a poet such as yourself, this means a lot. :)

Lucy Westenra said...

Quite wonderful use of words here. I need to look up "phrenic"

Zoe said...

Hi Lucy - I don't usually fill my poetry with unusual words, but this one demanded a few. Phrenic just seemed the right word for that one! I hope that didn't put you off!

Claudia said...

nice...i like that there's both...a lot of sparkling life and color and a surreal stillness...a moment to dive into and stay a bit..

Janice said...

Sounds like an explosion of thoughts! I feel like that sometimes and I long for peace. I think though, that your words describe me most right now.... Wonderful piece!

Unknown said...

This reminds me of the way I often feel, still on the surface with much going on internally :)

Arron Shilling said...

whipping up a storm and cracking my nut :)

Arron Shilling said...

i should say 'nut' is an english expression/slang term meaning head - just in case - cool work mon ami :)

Brian Miller said...

i really like the form you use...it has a rather cascade feel as i read it....

Jenne' R. Andrews said...

very beautiful, Zoe-- looks like you've gotten some wonderful and much deserved comments! xxj

Mystic_Mom said...

Zoe - I love this. It flows and rolls and is just lyrical!

Beth Winter said...

Calming, from presentation to content. Truly enjoyed. Thanks.

Sky Raft Wanderer said...

Rich, vibrant and flowing. Particularly loved the third stanza.
And I'm a sucker for the word unfurling. Always.

Great work here.

Emily said...

I really like this line: "Auroral dance of consciousness." You did a fantastic job picking up on the surreal and vivid colors of the photo and conveying the same effect through your words.

Tess Kincaid said...

I especially like that last line! Well done...